CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Corporate Social Responsibility is intertwined with the core philosophy of APCPL committed towards sustainable development. APCPL adopts the global practice of addressing CSR issues in an integrated multi stakeholder approach covering the environmental and social aspects. IGSTPP is located in a remote rural area which is socio-economically backward and deficient in the basic civic amenities. APCPL, as a responsible corporate citizen has been addressing continuously the issue of community development in the neighbourhood area of its station, which had been impacted due to establishment of the project. The social concerns of APCPL include: R&R, Community Development, health, education, gender equality, national calamity, special focus on marginalized sections during requirement etc. APCPL has expanded its horizon and social vision to make its impact felt at all levels by addressing the niche domains of socio-economic issues at national level. As a responsible corporate citizen, APCPL has under taken a panorama of activities towards community development.
APCPL has taken following initiatives towards their Corporate Social Responsibilities:
• Merit scholarship scheme for Project Affected Villages (PAV’s)
• Adoption of ITI Matanhail.
• Sponsoring of Science & Math teacher at Sr. Secondary Schools in PAV’s
2. MEDICAL/ HEALTH & SANITATION SERVICES:
• Village OPD’s are conducted in PAV’s
• Distribution of Wheel Chairs and Tricycles to the Physically Challenged persons of the PAV’s
• Health Check – up of School Children including ITI’s
• Construction of toilets in government schools of PAV’s
• Distribution of tricycle trolleys in PAV’s for
3.RURAL SPORTS AND CULTURE:
• Financial assistance for rural sports in PAVs for promotion of Kabaddi & Athletics etc.
4. SOCIAL AWARENESS AND DEVELOPMENT:
• Stitching classes for ladies , over 350 Ladies trained.
• Save the Girl Child (Beti Bachao Beti Padhao) series of Nukkad Natak’s in association with the children of Bal Bharati School, APCPL township
• Computer training for girls and ladies, over 56 girls and ladies trained.
5. DEVELOPMENT AND AUGMENTATION OF INFRASTRUCTURE
• RCC Benches installed in PAV’s
• Assistance in dewatering of rain water in PAV’s
• Bus queue shelter in PAV’s
• Dustbin installation in PAV’s
• Community hall under construction in PAV’s
• Construction of Gaushala (Cow Shed)
• Community Libraries in PAV’s
6. SKILL DEVELOPMENT
• Computer Classes organised for PAV’s
7. PLANTATION ACTIVITIES
• Tree plantation in PAV’s
8. OTHER ACTIVITIES
• Blanket Distribution
• Eye checkup and spectacles distribution
• Health checkup and Medicine distribution for Laborers.
• Park Play equipments installed in PAV’s
• Veterinary camp